Welcome to Commander Genius
Commander Genius is a software piece that interprets the Commander Keen Invasion of the Vorticons and Galaxy series. As fans and developers, we are, we try to implement new features, improve the gameplay, and give players an experience that feels like playing the original game but a bit more refreshing.
NOTE: We are currently looking for fans of Commander Keen, developers, or artists who are interested in helping us. If someone wants to make a better interpreter for the Invasion of the Vorticons Series (Also Galaxy series, Dreams, and mods or maybe any other DOS game) they are more than welcome to help us. Just drop our project leader an email message at: firstname.lastname@example.org
IRC Channel: #CommanderGenius at irc.foonetic.net
Goodbye Galaxy and Keen Dreams support
We are working hard on the Commander Genius support for the Goodbye Galaxy series, Keen Dreams, and also mods like Keen 7-9. Commander Keen 4-6 are already supported and fully playable.
Invasion of the Vorticons support
This series is fully supported. All three episodes are playable.
Not just Windows, Linux, and MacOS but other platforms are supported as well!
- Keen 1-6 support
- Four Player Mode
- Fully customizable button layout on keyboards, gamepads and other input devices
- Graphic scalers
- Hardware acceleration
- Improved CloneKeen engine
- Six difficulty modes in all the Commander Keen games
- Mods support
- Automatic extraction of data (sounds, story, etc.) from exe-files
- Ingame Music support using HQP (Yes, music in the Invasion of the Vorticons series! Get it from our download page. It's absolutely free!)
- New graphical effects
- Much faster, because no emulation layer
- HUD in Invasion of the Vorticons like you enjoyed it in Galaxy
- High Quality Pack graphics and Sound blaster support
- and much more...
And yeah, it's free!>> Go to the download page here!!
The right hand image that you see is Commander Keen in a dark room when playing the game normally under DOS (or for example DOS-Box). To the left you see the room using Commander Genius. Quite the difference, huh?! The darkness depends on the difficulty, so watch your step. ;-)
The Commander Genius Team
These are the people who actively support us:
- Main Developer and project manager: Gerhard Wolfgang Stein (aka Gerstrong)
- Developer, resource administrator and main tester: Tulip
- Tester:Mancus Nemo
- Ports to Google Android: Pelya
- Original developer of CloneKeen: Caitlin Shaw
Special Thanks to:
- Markus Arnold
- Tomer Feiner
- James K. Beard
- Alber Zeyer
- Scott Smith (aka Pickle)
- Casey (aka FCTW)
- Sciz CT
- Hans de Goede
- DSL (Cool Icon design)
- Napalm (Information about PC-Speaker sound)
- Commander Spleen
- ...and many more we might have forgotten to mention.
You need the original DOS game files in order to play on Commander Genius. Commander Keen: Marooned on Mars and Secret of the Oracle are as shareware already bundled. Commander Keen: The Earth Explodes and Commander Keen: Keen Must Die! are registered versions which can be purchased from 3D Realms, Apogee, or purchased from someone willing to sell you their copy. If you still have these old games, then give Commander Genius a try! You will be surprised at how good they look and how much fun they are still to play!